who are we?
we’re a firm founded on integrity and leadership.
Richard P. Aulenbach, PE
Richard Aulenbach is CEO of RPA Engineering since founding the firm in 1989. After gaining fifteen years experience in several corporations including Alcoa and Gilbert Associates, Rick decided to take his engineering and administrative management skills and apply them to his own startup company. RPA was formed by Rick in the late 1980s. The firm grew quickly, with the addition of major pharmaceutical client GlaxoSmithKline, and the metals industry client, Carpenter Technology Corporation. In the ensuing 30 years RPA has expanded to include most of the leading top Fortune 100 companies in our market segments.
His service activities are varied and longstanding. He has served on the Executive Board of PSPE, Board of Directors for the American Red Cross, Berks County Chapter. Served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for Prospectus Berco, a nonprofit serving the needs of adults with disabilities. He was a volunteer track coach for a private high school and has served a volunteer mentor for underprivileged youth. Presently serves on the Board of Directors for ISPE, Delaware Valley Chapter.
An avid reader, Richard also enjoys golf and sailing. His most cherished moments are spent with his children and grandchildren.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- MBA in Administrative Management, St. Joseph’s University, Philadelphia
- Leadership in Professional Service, Harvard Business School
- New Developments in Manufacturing Process Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Collaborative Robotic Aseptic Manufacturing
- High pressure Liquid Chromotography Compound Manufacturing
- Flexible Laboratory Design Development – GSK
- “Collaborative Robots in Aseptic Manufacturing” ISPE Conference, Bethesda, MD, 2019
- EPRI Guideline/Coal Handling System Maintenance Guideline Report #1013349 (Author and Principal Investigator)
- “Considerations in Specifying Dampers in Utility Draft Applications,” American Power Conference, Chicago, IL
- “Engineering Aspect for a 25 MW Cogeneration Plant,” American Society of Mechanical Engineers Conference, Philadelphia, PA
- Served as an adjunct instructor of Fluid Mechanics, Penn State University, Berks Campus
- Contributing author to three books for EPRI (Electric Power Research Institute) which serve as technical guidelines to US electric power generation utilities.
- The National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE), previously held the position of President and State Director of the Reading, PA chapter
- Society of Professional Engineers (SPSP), serving at secretary
- The International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers (ISPE)
- American Society of Heating and Air Conditioning Engineering (ASHRAE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)