Sr. Structural Engineer, P.E. – Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday through Friday
Office Location: Pittsburgh, PA. Hybrid/remote work also considered.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Target salary range $110k-$125k annually
Position requires thorough knowledge of structural design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of structural engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, specifications, calculations, charts, and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
Education & Experience
- BS Structural Engineering or similar engineering field.
- 8+ years of experience in a related field.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- Advanced experience in Revit, RISA-3D, AutoCAD.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- 8-15 years of experience in related field.
- Structural engineering experience consulting or working for industrial/manufacturing clients.
- Tasks, Responsibilities, and Utilized Skills
- Visit project sites and document existing conditions. Ability to stand for long periods of time, work from heights in man-lifts, etc.
- Structural engineering calculations.
- Structural engineering plans, design, and layout.
- Structural project specifications.
- Structural engineering portion of project proposals & cost estimates.
- Excellent work-life balance and flexible work schedule
- Hybrid work environment, ability to work from home
- Growth opportunities within the organization
- Paid time off, sick time, and overtime
- 401(k) matching
- Insurance plans (health, dental, vision, life, etc)
RPA Engineering is a professional engineering consulting firm offering comprehensive mechanical, electrical and process engineering, machine design, structural analysis services, project management, and CQV. Operating for more than 30 years, RPA provides high quality, cost-effective engineering and design services from its multiple locations; and onsite corporate services.
RPA Engineering was named in 2010 to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing U.S. based entrepreneurial companies. As part of the list, RPA Engineering was named as one of the top 100 Engineering firms in the country.
RPA Engineering is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V). Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: RPA Engineering is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with RPA Engineering. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RPA Engineering via e-mail, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at RPA Engineering in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of RPA Engineering, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RPA Engineering as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posting #: 23-014