Senior Electrical Engineer – Seattle, WA
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday
Office Location: Bothell, WA
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Target salary range $130K-$150K annually.
RPA Engineering is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support our leading pharmaceutical clients in Seattle, WA and the Pacific Northwest areas. The role comprises of providing onsite electrical project management support for capital and major-maintenance engineering projects with a focus on arc-flash analysis. The candidate will focus on arc-flash system studies, production of construction documents, including drawings and specifications for commercial and pharmaceutical projects. The role can expand into supporting other clients in the same geographical area.
Education & Experience
- S. Electrical Engineering. Equivalent work experience may be accepted for otherwise well-qualified candidates.
- 10+ years of electrical engineering experience.
- Strong technical background with Power Distribution design and Arc-Flash Analysis.
- Possess the ability to design electrical systems.
- Proficiency with electrical codes including the NEC and NESC.
- SKM or ETAP software experience.
- Knowledgeable in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensure in the state of Washington.
- Experienced in managing contract resources and working with outside suppliers.
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Utilized Skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Self-starter who takes direction well and is driven.
- Preparation and/or modification of one-line drawings, sketches, bill of materials, panel schedules, schematics, wiring termination drawings, lab layout, and cable routing.
- Field walkdown of client sites, equipment, and panels.
- Gathering data for arc-flash analysis with assistance from electricians.
- Inputting the data into Arc-Flash software and completing a full study.
- Coordination with utility companies.
- Sizing of conduits, sizing of cables for power distribution, data systems, and telecommunications equipment.
- Interact productively with clients, managers, contractors, and coworkers within the company.
- Review of contractors’ and vendors’ shop drawings and submittals.
- Preparation of contractor’s scope of work and bid documents.
- Excellent work-life balance and flexible work schedule
- Hybrid work environment, ability to work from home part-time
- Growth opportunities within the organization
- Paid time off, sick time, and overtime
- Parental leave
- 401(k) matching
- Insurance plans (health, dental, vision, life, etc.)
RPA Engineering is a professional engineering consulting firm offering comprehensive mechanical, electrical and process engineering, machine design, structural analysis services, project management, and CQV. Operating for more than 30 years, RPA provides high quality, cost-effective engineering and design services from its multiple locations; and onsite corporate services.
RPA Engineering was named in 2010 to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing U.S. based entrepreneurial companies. As part of the list, RPA Engineering was named as one of the top 100 Engineering firms in the country.
RPA Engineering is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: RPA Engineering is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with RPA Engineering. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RPA Engineering via e-mail, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at RPA Engineering in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of RPA Engineering, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RPA Engineering as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posting #: 24-006