Project Manager – Pittsburgh, PA or Wyomissing, PA
Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Wyomissing, PA
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-Time
TYPICAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Position has responsibility for coordination and tactical management of all technical activities on assigned projects.
- Reviews all high level deliverables across projects; ensures the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and RPA standards; ensures
- effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants.
- Ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under his/her direction.
- Analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
- Manages to and achieves revenue goals set for projects.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
- Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalizes on “add-on” sales opportunities across projects.
- Assists in the identification of strategic accounts.
- Grows long-term relationships with clients and capitalizes on equity and partnership opportunities.
- Serves as key participant in team and client meetings.
- Raises our visibility through involvement in local industry organizations.
- Confronts issues openly and quickly.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of business.
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others.
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition.
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
- Works across practice to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale projects.
- Anticipates clients needs and proposes alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Possesses a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (Preferably M.E. or E.E), and 10+ years of experience with advance knowledge, obtainable usually through a combination of experience
- and continuing education; or
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects, preferably with a consulting engineering firm.
- MBA preferred
- Experience in heavy industrial project work
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Licensed engineer is preferred.
- Pharmaceutical and/or Food & Beverage experience preferred
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Overtime may be necessary as work load’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to and visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- May be assigned to work at a Client’s office, facility or site for an extended period of time.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing outside RPA’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be
provided by RPA and/or Client as required.
RPA Engineering is a professional engineering consulting firm offering comprehensive mechanical, electrical and process engineering, machine design, structural analysis services, project management, and CQV. Operating for more than 30 years, RPA provides high quality, cost-effective engineering and design services from its multiple locations; and onsite corporate services.
RPA Engineering was named in 2010 to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing U.S. based entrepreneurial companies. As part of the list, RPA Engineering was named as one of the top 100 Engineering firms in the country.
RPA Engineering is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V). Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: RPA Engineering is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with RPA Engineering. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RPA Engineering via e-mail, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at RPA Engineering in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of RPA Engineering, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RPA Engineering as a result of the referral or through other means.