Project Engineer – Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday
Office Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Target salary range $75K-$95K annually.
RPA Engineering is searching for a Project Engineer to support projects and clients from our Pittsburgh, PA office. The candidate will focus on managing small to medium size projects, meeting with clients, assistance in proposal development, managing design staff within the confines of a project and ensuring the overall cost, schedule, and quality of projects. The ideal candidate should possess sound technical knowledge across multiple disciplines, as well as general business acumen. Self-starter who takes direction well and is excited to expand their knowledgebase and grow in their professional career.
Education & Experience
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering)
- 3-5 years of experience in design engineering and project management
- Experience working for a design engineering consulting firm or a construction firm
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) certificate and training to become a Professional Engineer
- Intermediate to advanced user of Revit and AutoCAD
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Pennsylvania
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Utilized Skills
- Processes Requests for Information, Submittals and Shop Drawings.
- Manages budget, cost, schedule, and quality across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positively motivate staff to meet or exceed project constraints and maintain a high level of quality.
- Ability to manage multiple clients simultaneously.
- Ability to exceed client expectations, maintain existing and grow new business relationships.
- Assist in developing proposals, with the desire to perform proposal work self-sufficiently.
- Ability to confidently present in front of a group, internally within RPA Engineering and externally with clients.
- Respond to customers and design staff quickly and effectively.
- Ability to perform field measurements.
- General understanding of applicable codes and standards as it relates to the design of mechanical (HVAC, plumbing and fire protection), electrical and structural design.
- General understanding of producing design documents, including drawings and specifications, for construction.
- Perform QA/QC checks of drawings, specifications, and studies/reports.
- Perform engineering tasks as well as project management tasks.
- Excellent work-life balance and flexible work schedule
- Hybrid work environment, ability to work from home part-time
- Growth opportunities within the organization
- Paid time off, sick time, and overtime
- Parental leave
- 401(k) matching
- Insurance plans (health, dental, vision, life, etc.)
RPA Engineering is a professional engineering consulting firm offering comprehensive mechanical, electrical and process engineering, machine design, structural analysis services, project management, and CQV. Operating for more than 30 years, RPA provides high quality, cost-effective engineering and design services from its multiple locations; and onsite corporate services.
RPA Engineering was named in 2010 to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing U.S. based entrepreneurial companies. As part of the list, RPA Engineering was named as one of the top 100 Engineering firms in the country.
RPA Engineering is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: RPA Engineering is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with RPA Engineering. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RPA Engineering via e-mail, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at RPA Engineering in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of RPA Engineering, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RPA Engineering as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posting #: 24-008